Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Apartment Reveal #1: Gallery Wall

The one thing that I knew I wanted in our first place together was a gallery wall with all of our favorite pictures from the wedding. By the time we had the majority of furniture and boxes unpacked we received in the mail the digital copies of our photos. I was beyond thrilled that they finally arrived and couldn't wait to dive right in and start printing some out for the gallery wall. (We are ordering professionally printed versions as well but printing at home on high quality photo paper works just as well for now.) I did few quick searches on Pinterest for ideas on how to begin a gallery wall and the best way to start without nailing a hundred holes into the wall before settling on the perfect arrangement.

I found this pin below, which links back to Our Southern Home. The post shows you how to tape paper bags (or whatever you have on hand) in the exact shape and size of the frames, shelves etc. on your wall that way you can move and organize your "frames" without the worry of ruining your wall. 

Now, although I did not follow the exact procedures as listed from the above blog I did however use the paper method to begin creating the wall. See images below:
 (Yes, I am watching old episodes of OTH...one of my favorite shows)

Once I was pleased with the arrangement, my husband helped me put the gallery wall to life. It's obviously not perfect (and I know it's definitely not 100% straight and level) but I really do love how it turned out.

Frames are from Target & IKEA. Letters are from Michaels, which I painted black. 



Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment